More signatures to stop the War On Welfare!
Time for a reblog of the #WOWpetition for more signatures to stop the war on welfare. Please circulate and share and click here to sign the petition!
As welfare and social security cuts bite ever deeper, the WOW peitition group is asking you to sign the petition for a cumulative impact assessment of welfare reform and a new deal for sick and disabled people based on their needs, abilities and ambitions
The WOW petition calls for:
- A cumulative impact assessment of all cuts and changes affecting sick & disabled people, their families and carers, and a free vote on repeal of the Welfare Reform Act.
- An immediate end to the work capability assessment, as voted for by the British Medical Association.
- Consultation between the Depts of Health & Education to improve support into work for sick & disabled people, and an end to forced work under threat of sanctions for people on disability benefits*
- An Independent, Committee-Based Inquiry into Welfare Reform, covering but not limited to: (1) Care home admission rises, daycare centres, access to education for people with learning difficulties, universal mental health treatments, Remploy closures; (2) DWP media links, the ATOS contract, IT implementation of Universal Credit; (3) Human rights abuses against disabled people, excess claimant deaths & the disregard of medical evidence in decision making by ATOS, DWP & the Tribunal Service.
*we are against all workfare - the emphasis on disability benefits does not mean to exclude our opposition to all workfare as a general principle.
Our broader strategy:-
Phase One: Gain 100,000 signatures to give our demands democratic legitimacy in seeking parliamentary redress.
Phase Two: With a caucus of supportive MPs gain as much as possible in the democratic & parliamentary process to stop the human rights abuses against us and restore our health and social security systems. Including debate, free votes, Cumulative Impact Assessment and independent inquiry.
Phase Three: Where parliament and inquiries fail us we will pursue justice through the courts both national and international for the human rights abuse perpetrated by the UK government and its associated corporate allies.
- Posted by: False Economy at 10:21am on 22 June 2013
- Filed under: Benefits, Disability, Protest, Workfare
(Abusive or off-topic comments will be deleted)