Stop Changes to Access to Work
Access to Work as a resource does not incur a cost to government. The latest figures available show that for every £1 spent on support, the treasury
gains £1.48 (Sayce 2011). Yet the government are limiting Deaf people’s Access to Work support to unrealistic salaried budgets that do not meet
their access needs.
This is creating a huge barrier to employment:
- Deaf people in work are at risk of losing their jobs and being forced onto the benefit system.
- Deaf people not in work, have little chance of finding employment as any potential employer would be expected to employ two people (the deaf person,
and an interpreter) for one post.
Please sign our petition to Stop Changes to Access to Work:
- Website: www.stopchanges2atw.wordpress.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-CHANGES-TO-ACCESS-TO-WORK/456522441125243?ref=ts&fref;=ts
- Twitter: @emilysmith2007
- Email: Emilysmith2007@mail.com